Peter Pea and his green friends
(Serves four to five)
For the dough:
- 200g spelt flour
- 40g yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 50ml water (if needed)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
For the filling:
- 3 spring onions
- 200g peas
- 100ml milk
- 200g sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 100g grated cheese
Dough: first you have to make the dough. It’s easy!
– Just mix the flour together with the salt and the baking powder.
- Mix the yoghurt and egg into the dough by hand until the dough feels elastic and lump-free.
- Pour a little water into the dough if it gets too dry.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge. Brrrr.. that’s really chilly!
- Now it’s time to pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
The filling: it’s the next step!
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and cook the spring onions and peas for five minutes (but don’t let them turn brown).
- Put the pea mixture and milk into a food processor then puree them. Alternatively, use a hand-held blender.
- Add the eggs and the sour cream and mix in half of the cheese.
The finale: put them both together!
- Take your dough out of the fridge and roll it flat. Adding a little extra flour to the dough will make it less sticky. Place the dough into a tart tin, press it into shape and then cut away any excess.
- Spread the pea mixture evenly onto the dough then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Then it’s into the oven! After baking for around 30 minutes your delicious Peter Pea Tart will be ready and cooked to a beautiful golden brown. Yummy scrummy!
We wish you a Googly good meal– enjoy!