- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300g rice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Next, wash all the different vegetables. Once they’re all clean with no dirt stuck to them it’s time to chop the aubergine, courgettes and tomatoes into little pieces. You need to be very careful when you do this – or ask your parents to do it for you. You also need to finely chop the onion and press the garlic clove into little pieces with a garlic press.
- Fry the finely chopped onion and pressed garlic in a pan in some olive oil. This takes 4 minutes at most or it could burn. YOU need to watch carefully to make sure the garlic and onions don’t burn. Then you can quickly add all the vegetables to the pan.
- Cook everything on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
You can start with the rice. It’s not difficult at all! The pack explains exactly what to do! Just ask your Mummy or Daddy to read it to you. We can give you one great tip: it always takes two cups of water to cook one cup of rice!
So here we go:
– Cook the rice as per the on-pack instructions or using our ‘cup tip’.
- Season with a little salt and some herbes de Provence.
Hey presto, it’s ready! You can serve the delicious ratatouille and rice in a deep dish – then give it a try. That was easy peasy wasn’t it!