Peter is our party pea!
(Serves four – up to 12 mini muffins)
- 100g peas
- 300g spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of chives (finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 100g cream cheese
- 200ml milk
- 50g ham
- 50g grated cheese
To start: begin by pre-heating your oven to around 180 degrees.
- First, cook the peas in boiling water for 5 minutes. Once they’re done, place them briefly under cold running water to cool them down a little.
- Next you can mix the flour, baking powder, salt and chives together in a bowl.
- Crack the egg into another bowl and mix it together with the cream cheese and milk.
- Now you need to cut the ham into little pieces and combine it with the egg mixture and the peas. Don’t worry, they’ll all get along!
- Finally, bind the flour and egg mixture together. Place the mixture into little muffin cases until they’re two-thirds full. You don’t need to fill them right to the top because the muffins get bigger as they bake. We don’t want them to spill over the top!
Last step: don’t forget, the oven is already hot!
- Now put the little cases filled with muffin dough into the oven for 15 to 25 minutes. It’s better if you let your Mummy or Daddy do it because it’s easy to burn yourself on the hot oven.
- The muffins will be baked and ready after 15, 20 or maybe 25 minutes depending on their size.
Now just take them out of the oven and leave these cute pea muffins to cool down for a bit. And then.. eat them up. Yum!